Our community is growing and so is the impact of our work to move toward a society where everyone has the opportunity to live a life of meaning and succeed by benefiting others. At Empowered, we advance this work by partnering with educators to empower students to realize their potential and transform education from a top down system of control to a bottom up system fueled by empowered educators.
We're looking for a Business Analyst to support Empowered’s strategic business analysis and reporting capability.
Reporting to the CAO, you will work cross-functionally, interacting directly with organization leaders, data and systems teams, and other key stakeholders to understand and report on quantitative and qualitative operational and financial KPIs needed for strategic business analysis and decision making. You will leverage your data-driven, analytical skills to identify measures to be analyzed, work with data and systems teams to generate reports and dashboards, and make observations and recommendations to drive organizational decision making and execution of strategic initiatives. Your work will support both programmatic and donor-focused strategies.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Collaborating with organizational, marketing and product line leaders to understand business strategies and supporting them by defining KPIs and providing robust, data-driven reports and dashboards to facilitate decision making and performance assessment
- Collaborating with data and systems teams to drive the build out of data infrastructure, reports and dashboards needed to support KPI measurements
- Translating data and metrics into understandable, actionable recommendations
- Using data and analytics to identify patterns that lead to greater business insights to promote improved teacher, student, and donor outcomes
- Forecasting and analyzing financial investments into business strategies versus value creation for both organizational leadership and donor reporting
- Conducting industry/market research to understand and stay abreast of the trends in the education space, synthesizing findings, incorporating into KPIs, and succinctly communicating to leaders the impact on Empowered’s business strategies, collaborating with affiliated organizations and/or third-parties as necessary
- Coordinate teacher/partner survey efforts in line with business strategy objectives; leverage survey results to drive decision making and actionable recommendations
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 3+ years of strategic/business/financial analysis and reporting experience
- Demonstrated project management / project ownership experience
- Research experience using a variety of online resources, tools and databases
- Ability to transform research, data and analytics into valuable insights and recommendations for strategic decision making
- A basic knowledge of IT/data infrastructure
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Critical thinking and analytical skills that will allow you to identify challenges and develop solutions to overcome them
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to present and collaborate with senior leaders
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Power BI experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google Analytics experience
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our Wichita offices (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
As part of the Stand Together philanthropic community, Empowered is a national community of K-12 teachers rallied around a growth mindset (where challenge is opportunity, not obstacle) for them and their students in support of Transforming Education for All. At Stand Together we believe every learner is unique and deserving of an education experience that respects and embraces their individuality. Our community’s vision moves society toward one in which every person can discover and develop their talents through an individualized education, and then apply their acquired skills to reach their potential. Empowered teachers share a way of teaching with experience-based activities that offer learners the skills and confidence they need to create and seize the opportunities in their lives.