As a Data Analyst, you’ll join a core team that will implement analytics and measurement capabilities through development of a data warehouse, data modeling, and deriving critical insights. This will optimize our operational focus and grow our strategic initiatives. On this team, you’ll work closely with internal customers to provide a trustworthy data reporting structure and drive a data-informed vision. Actions will influence efforts to educate, motivate, and mobilize people to join a growing community of social entrepreneurs and leaders who are helping millions advance their growth mindset.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Understand business needs, provide actionable recommendations, and communicate them effectively to business stakeholders through an entrepreneurial lens and mutual benefit
- Build, develop, and maintain highly collaborative working relationships across teams to understand analytics needs, available data, and growth opportunities for the business
- Using warehouse, visualization, and ETL tools to aggregate, transform, prepare, and validate data used for reporting and analysis
- Drive development and improvement of data warehousing, custom data visualization and analytics tools to help teams identify trends and best practices, and support in their monitoring of progress towards business goals
- Analyze and document the impact of operational efforts and other key drivers of performance
- Ensure information on key metrics is accurate, complete, and reliable to support relationship management and optimize team performance
- Proactively communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and internal sponsors
- Partner with leaders/stakeholders across the organization promoting data literacy ensuring effective use of data and visualization tools to drive informed decision making
- Stay apprised of industry trends, best practices and emerging technologies to drive ongoing improvements and experimentation to available analytics
Required Knowledge and Skills You Bring To The Organization
- 2+ years of related analytical experience; minimum of 1 years utilizing BI tools managing and deploying content
- Prior experience developing and working with cloud databases
- Analytical problem-solving skills; able to analyze available information, use relevant data to identify trends, offer practical and effective solutions to simple and complex problems
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical teams
- Motivated, agile, with strong time management, project management, and analytical skills
- A proven record of driving complex and cross-functional business intelligence projects to their completion
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and likes working through the details needed to achieve an outcome
Knowledge and Skills That Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik
- Experience working with cloud databases such as such as AWS Athena, Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Prior exposure to working with a CRM (preferably with Salesforce), metadata tagging strategies, Google Analytics, and ad and social network data from Google, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn among others.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Computer Science, or other related quantitative field or equivalent experience
As part of the Stand Together philanthropic community, Empowered is a national community of K-12 teachers rallied around a growth mindset (where challenge is opportunity, not obstacle) for them and their students in support of Transforming Education for All. At Stand Together we believe every learner is unique and deserving of an education experience that respects and embraces their individuality. Our community’s vision moves society toward one in which every person can discover and develop their talents through an individualized education, and then apply their acquired skills to reach their potential. Empowered teachers share a way of teaching with experience-based activities that offer learners the skills and confidence they need to create and seize the opportunities in their lives.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.